Knowing the webinars, knowing how to structure and organize them in the best way, as well as inserting them into a marketing strategy could become a source of new contacts for different realities engaged in multiple sectors. From the freelancer to the company with many years of experience, everyone can use them, but the important thing is to know the strategies to structure them correctly and without improvisation on the spot.
Going in order we try to define the webinars. This term, the result of the fusion between web and seminar nouns, identifies real seminars that can be used online and public, where multiple people, through an internet connection, can take part remotely, interacting with each other, on a specific topic. Those who organize an event of this type will be able to show slides and videos, share their desktop with the participants, discuss in writing, via chat, or by voice.
What do you need to organize and participate in a webinar? An internet connection, a specific platform and the related software or plugins for creating or participating in a virtual seminar. Finally, to take part in an event of this type, registration is usually required by filling in a form.
Once this is done, those who want to organize a webinar will only have to establish the date and time of the event, choose the topic covered and then better organize the materials, the topics to be examined, as well as the possible presence of one or more speakers.
What are the benefits of webinars?
Those who do not like technology and prefer human contact can find a compromise between the two worlds in webinars. Here in fact you will not go to interact with a car, but with real people, in flesh and blood, with all the convenience of not having to leave the house to participate in this type of seminar. However, this is not the only advantage that makes webinars so popular, there are others that we will list below.
- Webinars make communication one-to-one, that is, despite being managed remotely and potentially accessible to several dozen people, they will be able to interact through chats and messages. The ability to have a realistic view of the promoter of the online seminar, as well as his propensity to answer questions directly, will help increase credibility and trust in him.
- There are no content marketing tools capable of monopolizing the attention of users for so long, as the average duration of the webinars often hovers around 30 or 60 minutes.
- Pre-recorded events can be broadcast, in case the webinars do not include a session of questions in real-time, or if the presenter does not like to speak live. Since these are also rather long contents (we speak of a minimum of 30 or 60 minutes usually), they could include a part of the explanation by the speaker himself and pre-recorded, with a following live session to answer questions sent from time to time in the course of the first part of the webinar.
- The audience can interact in different ways within a webinar, for example by commenting and asking questions to the speaker, or by confronting other participants.
- It is an important tool for analyzing the behavior of users who choose to follow the webinar, in fact, data relating to the number of participants, the duration of their connection and the engagement are provided in real time.
- The materials shared during a webinar can then be sent to the participants via email, making this information usable even in the long term.
- Participation in an online seminar for users represents economic savings in terms of stays, transport and connections. The same condition for those who organize the webinar, in fact, will not have to worry about booking a room of the right size, providing a maximum number of participants, organizing any breaks and breaks, as well as a shift of resources from the company to the place chosen for the event.
- Those who participate in a webinar usually have a real interest in a given topic, therefore they will help to collect the contacts and potential leads that can be contacted later during targeted marketing campaigns.
In which areas to exploit the potential of a webinar?
There are no limits in this sense, or online seminars today touch on topics of any nature. It is also true, however, that there are some areas in which it has been highlighted, these tools collect particular consensus, finding in their structure and organization a certain appreciation from users who populate the web.
Probably the most well-known webinars are those linked to online training courses, however there is no shortage of press conferences, presentation of new products and services, meetings, interviews and interviews involving the participation of several participants.
Finally, the webinars represent a very valid lead generation tool, in fact organizing them will inevitably attract an audience really interested in a given product or article, and therefore they will collect a series of contacts of high value which, if well “nourished”, could conclude their customer journey with a purchase.
Structuring a webinar, organizing in advance the real winning weapon
Well yes, as in everything, even webinars must be organized in every detail in order for them to be effective and really useful. Therefore, although they may include live interventions, improvisation is not appreciated in this sense, also because it could bring with it unpleasant inconveniences, primarily the damage to one’s image.
For this reason, it is good practice to choose the topic to be treated and the points to be touched on, identifying any speakers who know how to provide the necessary information in a clear and fluent manner. The team that will be involved must be able to create unique content, think of the material to be shared at the end of the event without ever losing sight of the objectives of the people who will participate. The latter, in fact, if analyzed from every point of view, will be the basis from which to create the contents to be proposed during the online seminar.
In carrying out all these steps, do not lose sight of the company’s ROI, or the return on investment. It is true that the webinar could be designed with a view to positioning, but there will have to be a certain return, starting for example from the creation of a database to which to then submit the registration to paid courses, or to send material.
Finally, the platform to be used for the webinar, according to the objectives and the type of event organized. The same must in fact be able to allow the sharing of the material created and usable both by those who organize the event and for those who will participate.
Martina Hayden is a content writer, she has a 3 years of experienced writing in different niche especially in digital marketing & technology. In a meantime she also love to do photography and worked with a top commercial video production company in Dubai. She also love to travel around the world to explore the beauty of the nature.